Salary £8.36 per hour
Hours 25 per week – worked over 4 days
Placement 6 months
Application Form Kickstart Admin Assistant
Complete the job application form and return it to us at: email@example.com
You must be in receipt of Universal Credit to apply for this role.
Sussex Clubs for Young People work with young people across East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, providing youth clubs, activities and training.
We are offering a 6-month job placement (25 hours per week) as a Social Media and Administration Assistant Trainee Worker via the Kickstart Scheme which will provide valuable work experience to take you into long term sustained employment.
We will provide you with all the support and training you need to improve your employment prospects. If you would like the opportunity to develop your skills, gain valuable work experience and earn a wage, then we would like to hear from you.
Job Placement Summary
Sussex Clubs for Young People work with young people across East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove.
The Youth Social Media and Administration Trainee Worker (Kickstart) role exists as a job placement to provide work experience for young people recruited through the Kickstart scheme.
1. Job Purpose and Principal Activities
Placements will support the Senior Administrator to complete work required to support the following tasks:
- To assist the Senior Administrator with the co-ordination and related administrative duties associated with the Membership of SCYP.
- To assist the Senior Administrator to promote, coordinate, manage collection of deposits, invoice, receive payments, and record outcomes from all Membership activity through SCYP’s activity, workshop and event programs.
- To use social media, press, websites, word-of-mouth and other means for creating awareness of SCYP and its offering for members through regular newsletters and mailshots.
- To develop short promotional films to be added to SCYP Website.
- To maintain online diaries showing when activities or events are taking place.
- To be a point of contact for all callers and enquiries to the office by phone or email.
- To work in accordance with our policies and procedures and to be aware of their responsibilities for Health & Safety of themselves and others.
- To attend appropriate training for their role.
- Ensure that confidential records are properly filed and stored.
This job description is not exhaustive and is provided to assist the post holder to know what her/his duties are.
You will be mentored by the Senior Administrator and also by a professionally qualified Youth Worker with over 15 years face to face work with Young People and Management experience. Trainees will receive regular supervision with their supervisor, where they can reflect on and develop their learning, develop action plans to support their route into work and raise any emerging issues.
An enhanced DBS check is required.
2. Essential Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Ability to use Outlook and Word online.
- Can use social media effectively.
- Willingness to learn
- Good time-keeping and planning skills
- Honest and reliable
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of Membership and Human Resource related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
The kickstart employee will have access to a range of employability support. This includes the following:
Training- The Youth Administration Trainee will undertake the following courses, Food Hygiene Emergency First Aid at work, CV preparation and Interview Skills.
Coaching and support- Trainees will be supervised and coached by selected supervisors who are experienced in their field. Supervisors will offer employees supervision providing an opportunity to meet on a 1:1 basis to discuss work priorities, skills development and set realistic goals to be achieved.
Trainees to develop Activities/ Projects– Trainees will be supported to develop their own activities (ie media campaign/ developing marketing material) during their work placement.
Peer to Peer learning- Youth Support Trainees will take part in peer-to-peer learning activities. This process enables trainees to reflect on their experience, learn from each other’s practice and identify positive steps forward for their route into employment.