Salary £8.36 per hour
Hours 25 per week
Working patterns and contracted hours (including shift patterns)
This will vary from location to location. Typically, this could be three 7-hour days starting from 2.30pm to 9.30pm, plus a four-hour office-based day.
Placement 6 months
Please return your completed application form to: email@example.com
You must be in receipt of Universal Credit to apply for this role.
Job Title Youth Support Trainee Workers (Kickstart)
Company Name Sussex Clubs for Young People
Job Placement Summary
Sussex Clubs for Young People work with young people across East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove.
The Youth Support Trainee Worker (Kickstart) role exists as a job placement to provide work experience for young people recruited through the Kickstart scheme.
1. Job Purpose and Principal Activities
- Placement will support the Youth Worker in Charge to create positive informal, educational, and recreational activities chosen by and developed with young people aged 9 to 19 (or to 25 with special educational needs) rooted in their community that are safe, fun, welcoming and engaging. The focus may be on arts, sport or youth voice projects depending on location and the needs of young people.
- The Youth Support Trainee Workers will help ensure that any activity and/or provision is accessible and appropriate to young people regardless of gender, disability, race, ethnic identity, social background and sexuality.
2. Training and Support
- We will provide training in youth work alongside our normal induction training which will include Safeguarding, Food Hygiene Level II and Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Placements will support the Youth Worker in Charge to maintain registers, registration and media consent forms and any accompanying evidence for producing session activity logs, half termly reports, case studies and monitoring reports at regular intervals.
- You will also be trained and gain awareness of appropriate risk assessments for any activity, session, building, equipment, or vehicle before any programme delivery, and ensure that actions and precautions are adhered to prior to and during sessions, any accidents or incidents are recorded and reported using online systems.
- Placements may also have the opportunity to work with other stakeholders and partners acting as a voice for young people consulting communities to support feedback and planning in different localities.
3. Essential Skills, experience and qualifications
- Ability to use Outlook and Word online
- Willingness to learn
- Good time-keeping and planning skills
- Demonstrate awareness of professional boundaries
- Experience of working with and developing positive and professional relationships with young people