SCYP supports its members to deliver a range of youth provision. From the village hall group running one night a week to the dedicated youth centre with multiple sessions to the partners delivering a service across several venues. Through a club visiting programme we meet with management committees and youth club leaders to understand their needs.
Our support includes:
- representing the needs of our members on forums
- providing access to safeguarding training with SafetyNET
- offering safeguarding guidance
- carrying out DBS checks for your staff and volunteers
- our Jumpstart Toolkit with guidance on policies and template forms
- National affiliation to National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs and UK Youth and their programmes to support members
- Quality Assurance with Ambition Quality to certify youth club provision
- Access to specialist insurance cover
- Support in fundraising to improve sustainability.
We offer training to club leaders, youth workers and volunteers; summer camps, activities and workshops all at subsidised rates for our members; network events and forums.
We train young volunteers in leadership with a programme developed by UK Youth; support youth voice; and are building a network of Young Leaders to facilitate engagement with all our activities.
CONNECTING RESOURCES: We connect members with shared transport options; develop local authority assets such as youth centres; support members to access and raise funds; and increasingly provide youth workers as part of a growing ‘Youth Club Franchise’ or detached teams as ‘Streetmate’ to support local projects.
CONNECTING COMMUNITIES: We work with Lions Club International through their Adopt-a-Youth Club programme; support youth clubs with fundraising, guidance, business networks and volunteers; support the development of social action by young people; and are working to create Leos Clubs supported by their local Lions Clubs.